The cost of a translation is strongly dependent on the length of the text to be translated.
However, the cost is not strictly proportional to the length. Other factors need to be taken into account, such as:
- The complexity of the text,
- Its brevity, which may lead to charge for a “fixed minimum” rate,
- The extreme urgency of the translation,
- The need for the translator to ask for many clarifications about the original text,
- The originality of the subject area, which may require the translator to make detailed preliminary researches to ensure his translation will be faultless,
- Peculiarities for the required page layout and formatting.
For information only, depending on the above elements, one can expect a cost of 0.12 to 0.25 € + VAT per word of the original text.
The only way to know the cost for sure is to request a quote, which will be free of charge and without obligation.